Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Where I left off....

If you read one of my previous post called Stand Firm and Stand Firm part 2 you may have been wondering how things have turned out. So let me backtrack a little. We received Steven's tax return in the latter part of February and let me tell you it was a blessing. We were able to move out of our friends guest house and into a home. Let me tell you how this house felt like a mansion compared to the one bedroom guesthouse and the one bedroom hotel room. We each have our own room, a big living room and plenty of space for everyone. I have not once complained of how small the place is...because it's not. We moved in the first of March, and if this wasn't the hand of the Father then you tell me. Our deposit was only half of what it should have been. We had no problems getting in because of our credit. I honestly don't think that they ran our credit. Let's just say our credit is not the best that it could be, due to alot of mistakes from when we were younger and carefree....but we are trying to work on that. After being there for almolst 3 months we had to attend a hearing for Steven's arm. That was an amazing day. We literally watched the hand of God move on our behalf that day in the courtroom. Amazingly enough the company which Steven had worked for did not bring any witnesses to testify against him. Their lawyer was a very arrogant person who thought that he had it in the bag. Steven and I left that day feeling pumped and excited for what we knew was about to happen. Why? Because we knew that we had won. We knew that the judge had seen things from our eyes. He had compassion. Now, what judge do you know that shows compassion while trying to be unmoved and show no emotion. It was the look in his eye that told me that he knew we were telling the truth. When both sides gave their closing statements, the judge looked down the entire time while taking notes, so that one party would not get the wrong idea of his persuasion. I am so blessed that this man was the judge that sat in on our case.

So about 10 days later we knew that we should be checking our PO Box because there would be a decision from the judge, but there was one problem...we couldn't find the key to our mailbox. Of all places, it had managed to lay in the groove of a little pocket of the armrest in the car. Don't ask. Steven finally found it and checked the mail. What he found there was a check from worker's comp that was all of his back pay from the date of the injury....so 8 months of pay in one check. It was such a blessing to read the judges summary of the case and realize that he had actually made his decision the following Monday. So he had a weekend to think about it and came in on Monday to write it up, But we like to believe that his mind was made up before the hearing was over. That day was an amazing feeling, especially when we read that he had the okay to go and finally get his arm repaired after almost a year of non treatment. We are now in the settlement phase of this and I know that whatever happens God's hand is still upon this and our lives. His reward is what we are looking forward to.

I have said many times that the last year has been the hardest but most rewarding time of my life. I actually got to see with my own eyes just exactly how faith works. When you read in the bible that your heavenly Father will provide your every need, please don't ever doubt that because Steven and I are living proof. I could list so many things that He has done for us in His provision, and a lot of them are written in the previous blogs. There is something to faith. It's not just something that you say. It is something that you live. There is nothing that can convince me otherwise. I have learned so much and am so blessed by this journey. I know that there will be many more journey's that I must go on in this life here on earth, and I embrace them. The more I can learn to walk in the spirit daily, the better, for myself and my family. I hope that one day (if we are still here in this world) when my children are older they can listen the stories that we lived and I can read them the prints of these blogs. They too will know by their spirit that faith is real and that the word of God is real. They may not remember everything from these times because they are young, 5 and 2. But I know that the Holy Spirit who lives in them will remind them.

So as for now, our journey continues as well as our testimony.

No comments: