Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Peace that surpasses all understanding

Yesterday my husband met with our new lawyer. He confirmed that he would take my husbands case. After hearing this news my husband left the lawyers office just beaming. See, just last week his previous lawyer had quit on him. He did some very unprofessional things and said some things that were very inapproriate. All because Steven asked him two simple questions. Steven called me after that and told me what had just happened. He couldn't believe it. I think he was in shock that entire day. But the interesting thing was that when he told me I couldn't stop laughing. I just knew that this was God getting this old lawyer out of the picture to bring in the new one who would carry out His purpose.

The night before all of this happened, we were at our friends house.Our friend Mary told us of how she had a really good friend who did some work for a lawyer who was also a personal friend of his. She said that if for some reason things didn't work out with Steven's lawyer that he should really consider calling this one. We thought,"ok, but hopefully we won't have to do that".
Then the next morning all of the crazy stuff happened and immediately we remembered the words from our friend Mary. Now keep in mind that the hearing was only one week away at the time. Which it would have been tomorrow but the new lawyer has filed for a continuance. It turns out that the old lawyer had not done one single thing to prepare for Steven's hearing.Only one week away and nothing.

Isn't it just amazing how God works EVERYTHING out? We didn't panic or run around crazy wondering what we were going to do. We just immediately knew that God had His hand upon our lives and this case. We knew that if God had removed this old lawyer then there was a great reason for it. You know the funny thing is that in the first phone conversation with the new lawyer, he had asked Steven questions that the old lawyer never asked or came close to. This lawyer will get the job done, and there is no question about that. PRAISE GOD!

Through it all I have had a peace that has no other explanation than that of God. He is the reason for my peace. He has promised Steven and I that He will come through for us. Isn't that amazing? I just encourage anyone reading this to experience God's peace. Release to Him every burden. There is such freedom in releasing your burden's upon the Lord, and this is a freedom that I wouldn't trade for anything. I look forward to watching this all pan out. Seeing what God does for His children. He is the Almighty and I will forever give Him praise!



Posted: 5:48 PM, 2006-Jan-17

No comments: