Psalm 34:8-10 (NIV)
Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
Fear the Lord, you his saints,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
The lions may grow weak and hungary,
but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing
What a powerful statement to make that if you seek the Lord, you will lack no good thing. If you put God first in everything that concerns you, there will be nothing that is too hard to handle. I can personally testify to this, and I can say that I have tasted and the Lord is so good.
He has been my shelter and strong tower through many trials in my life. He has never left me. How awesome is it to know that the God of the entire universe chose you before you were ever born. He knew your name, he knew your life. He also knew the specific details of your life that would draw you unto him. To me, I feel so very privileged that I was chosen by the Most High God. I am the daughter of the Most High King. I am alive today because of His son Jesus. He personally rescued me from the slimy pit, the mud and mire, he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. And because He lives inside of me, many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord. Praise God!!
I thank God for the passion that He has put in me to become more like him. To know him so intimately that I no longer blink when a problem arises, I immediately look up. I know that the God that I serve is bigger than any worldly problem. He is my shepard and I hear the voice of the Good Shepard. I hear my Father's voice, and the voice of a stranger I will not follow. I thank God for the Holy Spirit who abides permanetly in me and who guides me into all truth.
So I encourage everyone to enter into that blessed rest by adhering, trusting, and relying on God. Then you will not only taste but see that the Lord is good!
This was originally posted on 12-9-05
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment